Monday, May 21, 2012

Banana Muffins

One of the easiest to make are banana muffins.  It is so versatile too that you can basically add anything you like.  I usually like to add chocolate chip for the kids and walnuts for the grown ups.   These banana muffins I made were the basic nothing added to it as my husband doesn't like chocolate and my kid is allergic to nuts.  I was being so lazy to half the batter and add the specific additions to it so we all get the plain ol' banana only muffin.

This is my basic banana muffin recipe:

6 mashed bananas
2/3 cup melted butter
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda

1. In a large bowl, sift together all dry ingredients - flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
2. In another bowl, mix all the wet ingredients - mashed bananas, melted butter, eggs, vanilla.
3. Mix wet and dry ingredients together.  Scoop to muffin tins.
4.  Bake at 350 deg F for 25 mins.
5. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment